In 2003, President Bush ‘41 wrote this to Henry Dormann, the editor of LEADERS magazine, which has been widely distributed and copied.
This is wise counsel for anybody, whether young or not. Perhaps our readers might find it interesting and useful:
- Don’t get down when your life takes a bad turn. Out of adversity comes challenge and often success.
- Don’t blame others for your setbacks.
- When things go well, always give credit to others.
- Don’t talk all the time. Listen to your friends and mentors and learn from them.
- Don’t brag about yourself. Let others point out your virtues, your strong points.
- Give someone else a hand. When a friend is hurting, show that friend you care.
- Nobody likes an overbearing big shot.
- As you succeed, be kind to people. Thank those who help you along the way.
- Don’t be afraid to shed a tear when your heart is broken because a friend is hurting.
- Say your prayers!!