Who’s not on a diet these days? We’re all trying to lose weight, aren’t we? Here are some diet killers we should avoid. (Always read the labels.)
• “No sugar added” jams, pies, and juices. They are already drowning in sugar.
• Any food containing any type of sugar (cane sugar, natural sugar, date sugar, organic sugar, or various syrups). Consume in moderation!
• Flavored waters or sport drinks are full of sugar and sweeteners that are bad for weight loss. Drink water! • Canned vegetable and fruit juices have lots of sugar.
• Skim-milk and soy-milk lattes or frappuccinos have more sugar than the whole-milk versions. Opt for almond milk if you’re staying dairy-free.
• Cereals, breads, and crackers might contain sugar.
• Foods labeled low-fat, fat-free, no sugar, or no cholesterol are code words for “high sugar” or sweet taste.
• Diet sodas have been proven to raise insulin levels and make you store fat. Drink water!
• Fruit-filled breakfast bars and flavored yogurts.
Always read the labels in detail to avoid buying and eating unhealthy foods!
Source: Steven Gundry, M.D. (GundryMed.com)