We at Diabetes Relief are helping our patients to maximize the benefits of our patented treatment, and one of the ways is the CurcuminPro® product we offer–the best form on the market. In prior newsletters we have told you of the benefits of curcumin, the source of turmeric, one of the most-studied natural products ever. Here we share eight reasons to use curcumin, from www.greenmedinfo.com, a fantastic site of Dr. Sayer Ji, from an article by Linda Woolven and Ted Snider.
1) Depression. In a double-blind study, people were given 1g of curcumin or a placebo for 8 weeks, and the curcumin was significantly more effective.
2) Arthritis. A systematic review and meta-analysis of all randomized controlled studies of turmeric extracts and curcumin for osteoarthritis found that about 1g of turmeric/curcumin a day significantly reduced pain and significantly improved WOMAC osteoarthritis scores. Turmeric/curcumin was as effective as pain meds
3) Diabetes. In perhaps one of the most amazing diabetes studies, 237 prediabetics were given either curcumin (750mg curcuminoids) or placebo twice a day for 9 months in a double-blind study. 16.4% of prediabetics on placebo went on to develop type 2 diabetes. 0% of those on curcumin did! The curcumin group had significantly better insulin producing beta-cell function and significantly less insulin resistance.
4) Colitis. A double-blind study of 50 people with mild to moderate ulcerative colitis, unresponsive to the drug mesalamine, showed 53.8% of those who added curcumin were in clinical remission. 65.3% responded when they started taking curcumin. A small pilot study also found curcumin to help inflammatory bowel disease.
5) PMS. A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 70 women who suffered from PMS and were given either a placebo or 100mg of curcumin twice a day for three menstrual cycles, 10 days each cycle, starting a week before the start of menstruation showed that curcumin lowered mean PMS symptom scores significantly more than the placebo.
6) Anti-Aging. Do you know what “telomeres” are? Telomeres are the protective DNA and protein caps on the ends of chromosomes. They determine how long you will live, as they shorten with each cell division and the cell finally dies. Telomere shortness is a marker of aging, disease, and premature death. The longer they are, the longer you are likely to live. In ground breaking preliminary research curcumin showed the ability to lengthen telomeres.
7) Cancer. Curcumin is loaded with promise for prevention and treatment of cancer. It demonstrated anti-cancer effects at carcinogenesis (formation), cell proliferation (growth), apoptosis (safe death specifically of cancer cells), metastasis (spread), and angiogenesis (the formation of blood vessels by a tumor that allow it to feed. Curcumin also increases the effectiveness of chemotherapy and radiation while protecting from their side effects. Curcumin has recently been found to kill cancer stem cells–a paradigm shift in cancer treatment.
8) Heart Health. Curcumin lowers cholesterol and triglycerides and protects cholesterol from free radical damage. It can also help protect against atherosclerosis by preventing blood platelets from sticking together, which can cause atherosclerosis. Recent research has also shown curcumin to be valuable for blood pressure and blood vessel health, and it may be as beneficial as exercise. A group of 32 healthy, but sedentary, postmenopausal women were put either in a group that took 150mg of curcumin a day or in a group that exercised or in a group that did neither. After 8 weeks, blood pressure had dropped in the curcumin and exercise group but not in the control group. Blood vessel elasticity, an important factor in atherosclerosis, also improved in both treatment groups but not in the control group.
Here is the link to the full article, with details and references:
When you’re in for your next treatment, be sure to pick up your curcumin!
CURCUMIN PRO PRICE LIST
Capsules (Whey Protein or Detox, 120 per bottle) $36
Meal Replacement (Van-Choc-Berry) $36
Cur-Splash Drink Mix (Lemonade or Mixed Berry) $23
Jelly Beans $ 7